See our checklist below of how Apollo approaches water heater repairs.
If you need a new water heater, then Apollo can help you understand your options and choose the best water heater based upon your needs. Chances are the technology, options and accessories for water heaters have changed since your last purchase.
Storage Water Heaters—
- The traditional water heater with a tank holding 20 to 120 gallons.
- Can have electric heating elements or gas burners.
- Up to 96% efficiency.
- Heats water continuously.
- Provides hot water but can be depleted if use surges past “first hour rating.”
- The “first-hour rating” tells how many gallons of hot water can be delivered in an hour.
- Constantly lose heat through the tank walls no matter how well insulated.
Tank-less Water Heaters—
- Developed to address the issue of standby heat loss and running out of hot water.
- Available in electric and gas versions.
- There is no heat loss while the water heater is operating for increased efficiency.
- Use about 22% less energy than their storage-type counterparts.
- The higher cost of tank-less water heaters can result in longer payback periods.
- Good for vacation homes with periodic use where standby losses from a traditional storage water heater would cost more to operate.
Apollo will recommend the right water heater for your family’s needs and at an affordable price.
No hot water?
Apollo's licensed and trained plumbers are ready to help 24/7 and will go through the following steps to help get your water heater back on track or install a new water heater the same day.
- Check to make sure the power supply is on
- Make sure the water heater is lit and set properly
- Diagnose and inspect the water heater
- Other Controls
- Test for leaks
- Determine if the problem is repairable and present options
- If your water heater needs to be replaced, Apollo can help you decide what water heater will work best for you and have it installed as soon as possible. In most cases, we can have it done the same day.